[BRLTTY] android app

Rob Hudson captinlogic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:07:34 EDT 2013

I know almost nothing about android, so I'm going to sound stupid. But anyway.

I've been thinking about getting an Android device. My question is: should I get a phone or a tablet? Which would work better in terms of working with BRLTTY or does it matter?

If I get something like a Nook Color, am I going to be able to read books on it with BRLTTY? If I get a phone, will I be able to read text messages with it? How much functionality are we able to access?

My second question is what kind of display should I look at? I of course want something portable that can run on batteries, but not necessarily a full notetaker like a braille sense or braille note. Since we are dealing with phones or tablets, probably a 20 cell display should be enough, although, since I really don't know anything about this, I'm just guessing.

Any help appreciated.