[BRLTTY] Android app?

Dietmar Segbert didi.segbert at arcor.de
Sun Apr 21 04:26:00 EDT 2013

Hello Dave,
> dave at mielke.cc schrieb am 21.04.13:

> [quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2013/04/20 at 17:02 +0200]

>> i can tell you, that i can go to settings without a crash.
>> I can add a device. The Alva BC640 will be autodetect.

> Do you mean using USB?
First i have add a device with autodetection and driver alva using
bluetooth. then i add device with bluettooth as communikation and driver
alva and a third device with usb communikation and driver alva.

I have a usb to otg cable, but i think it did not work.
>> I add a device with blutooth and drivers alva bc 640.

> Do you mean a second device entry, so that now you have one for USB
> and another for Bluetooth?
      Yes.

>> But brltty did not connect to the alva bc 640. I have restarted
>> the nexus4 and brltty but without success.

> Did you select the device you wish brltty to use? At the moment,
> you have to tell it which of the added devices to use (via Selected
> Device).
      Yes, i select a device. I have tested it with all added devices.

> We've been discussing if, instead, brltty should look for all added
> devices rather than the user having to select a specific one.
> What's your opinion on this?
      I think, that you can create a entry "auto", as in linux or to
selcet manually the correct device.

>> In linux i have the follwing line in brltty.conf
>>
>> braille-device usb:,bluetooth:00:A0:96:229:C2:B2
>>
>> I start brltty with a line braille-device usb:bluetooth:

> Do you mean you start it this way on Linux?
      Sorry. it is very difficult to find the correct words, so that you
can understood me.
      if i start brltty with the command brltty -b al -d bluetooth: brltty
will not start and make a bluetooth-connection. If i start brltty with the
command brltty -b al -d bluetooth:00:A0:96:29:C2:B2 brltty will start and
make a bluetooth-connection.
      I think the alva bc 640 will have the 00:A0:96:29:C2:B2 argument,
ift the connection will be created.

> If you're actually passing the device specification on the command
> line then you need to use the -d option. Also, bluetooth: without
> an address is invalid.

>> brltty will not connect to my alva bc640.

> If, after selecting your device, brltty will still not connect to
> it, then I'd like to see a log. Before you capture the log, though,
> please go into Advanced Settings and set the Log Level to Debug.
> Then (a current restriction) restart brltty.

I will do that and send the debug-meassge.