[BRLTTY] Hid Usb Handytech

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Apr 22 06:13:49 EDT 2013

ddf051.wolf at googlemail.com writes:

> thank you for your long answer. The Basic Braille is the first HID device I got to know.
> I did not know that there are so many different HID devices by Handytech.
> For years I used a Supervario under Ubuntu and had no problems and as I knew that Handytech displays are supported by BRLTTY I didn't think of such a problem.

Manufacturers are still not writing their drivers themselves.
This is something the BRLTTY Team cares about in a sort of manual
fashion.  Some manufacturers let us know about new models in advance,
some just wait until we notice and ask for specs.

That said, I just contacted Handy Tech and they promised to send me
specs and a test model in a few days.

So if anything goes right, you should see support for the Basic Braille
land in the BRLTTY subversion repository in about two weeks or so.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕