[BRLTTY] equipment for android

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Apr 25 00:48:34 EDT 2013

Rob Hudson <captinlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at braille displays and i think I've decided on the Brailliant
> 32 model for use with an android phone. It appears to have a good display, a
> braille keyboard and USB and bluetooth connectivity. Are there any users of
> this model on list who can tell me how well it works with brltty, or if
> there is a better display with the same features?

I've heard from a reliable source that the Brailliant BI models from HumanWare
work well with BRLTTY. However, I haven't had a chance to try one yet, other
than in demonstration at an exhibition, where the display wasn't connected to
a host system.

At current prices, they're impressive products so far as features are
concerned.

I would suggest visiting the Web sites of all the well known braille display
manufacturers (e.g., Baum, EuroBraille, Freedom Scientific, Handytech, HIMS,
HumanWare, Optelec, Papenmeier, etc.) to check whether there are other
products that you want to include in your comparison but which you might have
missed previously.