[BRLTTY] PATCH: Fix a file descriptor leak.

Joanmarie Diggs jdiggs at igalia.com
Fri Feb 22 16:07:24 EST 2013

On 02/22/2013 03:44 PM, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Samuel's patch has now been committed.

Awesome. Thanks!!

> Would you consider modifying Orca such that it automatically retries
> establishing contact with BrlAPI if it loses the connection?

That's what Orca should already be doing. In fact, that is the source of
the problem with the leaked file descriptors: If braille support is
enabled, every time Orca has something to present it tries again to
establish the connection. If Orca just gave up, we'd have *a* leaked
file descriptor; not hundreds of them.

So I'm guessing that you found an instance where this is failing?

Thanks again for the speedy fix for this issue!
--joanie