[BRLTTY] Bluetooth and Brailliant BI

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 24 21:36:49 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:50:40PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Mario Lang wrote:
>
> > Have you tried writing your PIN code into the pincodes file of the
> > bluetooth stack (/var/lib/bluetooth/HOST_MAC/pincodes)?
> >
> > (see Documents/README.Bluetooth in the BRLTTY sources.)
>
> That no longer works with latest bluez versions.  You need to use a
> bluetooth agent that can serve pin queries coming over dbus.  A simple
> agent that can be used from the command line is included in the bluez
> source package.  Some distributions do install it as bluez-simple-agent

So I do this:
echo pin | bluez-simple-agent hci0 baddress
and get:
Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed: Authentication Failed

The address and pin are correct.

Anyway I presume the gui method probably worked ok because when I
first added the device it said it was successful. I guess the gnome
bluetooth stuff is smart enough to handle the reconnecting of the
devices on reboots?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel