[BRLTTY] Bluetooth and Brailliant BI

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Feb 25 04:51:55 EST 2013

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:50:40PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Mario Lang wrote:
>>
>> > Have you tried writing your PIN code into the pincodes file of the
>> > bluetooth stack (/var/lib/bluetooth/HOST_MAC/pincodes)?
>> >
>> > (see Documents/README.Bluetooth in the BRLTTY sources.)
>>
>> That no longer works with latest bluez versions.  You need to use a
>> bluetooth agent that can serve pin queries coming over dbus.  A simple
>> agent that can be used from the command line is included in the bluez
>> source package.  Some distributions do install it as bluez-simple-agent
>
> So I do this:
> echo pin | bluez-simple-agent hci0 baddress
> and get:
> Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationFailed: Authentication Failed

Hmm, that is at least supposed to work.  That it doesnt, is sort of worrying.

> The address and pin are correct.
>
> Anyway I presume the gui method probably worked ok because when I
> first added the device it said it was successful. I guess the gnome
> bluetooth stuff is smart enough to handle the reconnecting of the
> devices on reboots?

"GNOME", "guess", and "smart", in one sentence.  I am not impressed :-)

What kernel version and bluetooth stack version are you using, actually?

Have you tried cleaning out the /var/lib/bluetooth/HCI_ADDRESS directory
already?
On my laptop, I have a bug in the bluetooth stack (kernel 3.2) which
leads to new connections to my Handy Tech Braille Star no longer being
made after about a wek or two of usage.  I have not determined what happens
exactly, but it must be something around link-keys.  So if I delete all
the state information in /var/lib/bluetooth/HCI_ADDRESS, suddenly I can
connect to my Braille Star again.  Maybe you have run into a similar
issue?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕