[BRLTTY] BrlApi

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Wed Jan 9 19:42:06 EST 2013

On Thursday 10 Jan 2013 à 11:01:50 (+1100), Jason White wrote:
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <mengualjeanphi at free.fr> wrote:
> > My 2nd problem: I built all my environment (beyond basic software) in /usr/local,
> > including Python2.7 and brltty. To install orca, orca needs (to support braille)
> > to find brlapi. I --enable-python-bindings, however, python bindings don't
> > seem to install. When I do import brlapi, it doesn't find anything.
>
> It could be that your Python search path (not the same as your operating
> system's $PATH variable) does not include the correct directory under
> /usr/local to find the bindings. You could of course us the find command and
> the other usual tools to find out what has been installed and where it is.

The  python's search path is /usr/local, and my modules in /usr/local/lib/python2.7.
However, brlapi isn't installed in /usr or /usr/local. find only prints
libbrlapi.so, .a, etc. but not brlapi and nothing related to it in Python. So
it experiences a problem without displaying any easy-to-see error.

Thanks for further help,

Regards,