[BRLTTY] Problem with speech !?

Devoyon, Guillaume guillaume.devoyon at logica.com
Mon Jan 14 13:03:16 EST 2013

Hello all.

I decided to write you because i’m unable to find an answer to my issue.
It must be has big than a nose on a face (French expression) but I Can’t see it.

I have installed for a blind colleague brltty that work like a charm with his iris braille keyboard.
I would like to add speech feature to it.

I modified /etc/brltty.conf with following options  (first let’s start with eSpeak):

speech-driver   es

When we start brltty, we can hear on the speaker the version and the revision of brltty.
Next, we can’t hear nothing more…

Some facts :

root at pc:/etc# brltty -v
BRLTTY 4.3 rev 5477 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty: Working Directory: /etc
brltty: Writable Directory: /var/run/brltty
brltty: Configuration File: /etc/brltty.conf
brltty: Preferences File: brltty.prefs
brltty: Drivers Directory: /lib/brltty
brltty: Tables Directory: /etc/brltty
brltty: Text Table: fr
brltty: Attributes Table: attributes
brltty: Contraction Table: fr-integral
brltty: Key Table: desktop
brltty: Keyboard Property: type=
brltty: Keyboard Property: vendor=
brltty: Keyboard Property: product=
brltty: Screen Driver: lx [Linux]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: Screen Parameter: charset=name+...
brltty: Screen Parameter: hfb=auto
brltty: Screen Parameter: debugsfm=no
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.5.6
brltty: API Parameter: auth=
brltty: API Parameter: host=
brltty: API Parameter: stacksize=
brltty: Braille Driver: eu [EuroBraille]
brltty: EuroBraille Braille Driver: version 2.0
brltty: Braille Parameter: protocol=esysiris
brltty: Braille Device: serial:ttyS0
brltty: Old Preferences File: /etc/brltty-eu.prefs
brltty: Speech Driver: es [eSpeak]
brltty: eSpeak Speech Driver: version 0.1
brltty: Speech Parameter: path=
brltty: Speech Parameter: punctlist=
brltty: Speech Parameter: voice=
brltty: Speech Input: none

Any idea? Where do I do a mistake ?

Regards.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Guillaume Devoyon | CGI | Technical Architect
Immeuble Andromède, 6 rue des comètes, CS 10026, 33187 Le Haillan Cedex | France<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
M: +33 642344679<tel:+33%20642344679>
guillaume.devoyon@<mailto:guillaume.devoyon at logica.com>cgi.com<http://cgi.com> |www.logica.com<http://www.logica.com/>

Suivez-nous sur Twitter :@LogicaFrance<http://twitter.com/logicafrance>

CGI France SAS
Capital : 12 913 933<tel:12%20913%20933> euros | RCS Nanterre 702 042 755<tel:702%20042%20755>
Siège social : Immeuble CB16 | 17, place des Reflets | 92400 Courbevoie | France

Think green - keep it on the screen.