[BRLTTY] Problem with speech !?

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Jan 14 14:06:59 EST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Devoyon, Guillaume wrote:

> I modified /etc/brltty.conf with following options  (first let’s start with eSpeak):
>
> speech-driver   es
>
> When we start brltty, we can hear on the speaker the version and the revision of brltty.
> Next, we can’t hear nothing more…

By default, speech options are disabled.  you need to enter BRLTTY's
preference menu and go in the Speech Options menu.  There you'll find a
bunch of options to automatically speak out various events.

Then you may add the following to your config file to let eSpeak use a
french voice:

speech-parameters es:voice=fr

Nicolas