[BRLTTY] Focus 40 Blue with Linux/Orca/BRLTTY

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Jan 16 14:34:29 EST 2013

Hi, all! Apologies for the somewhat off-topic post. But I thought these
lists were the best place to get the answers I need.

I'm looking at the Focus 40 Blue refreshable braille display for
purchase. It has all the features I'm looking for at this point.
However, as a Linux user, I'm wondering if I will be able to use the
features with my system.

Does anyone have experience with that display with Linux? If so, are
there any issues to be aware of when it comes to using the navigational
features and braille keyboard? What about for
computer/math/science-related braille forms? Or is that included in the
classification "contracted braille" the literature mentions?

Thanks in advance!

Tami Jarvis