[BRLTTY] brlapi and autorepeat

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 3 01:54:54 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Peter Nilsson Lundblad on 2013/05/31 at 15:31 -0700]

>Forgot to mention that I have autorepeat enabled and a display that supports
>it, so it works on the text console.  The problem is that I don't
>get brltty commands when using brlapi_readKey.  It seems like the autorepeats
>are filtered out by default, an dI am not able to figure out how to
>enable them.  Is it possible with acceptKeyRanges, and what do the arguments
>need to contain in that case?

Yes, it'/s possible. It should just happen. BrlAPI won't return to you the
repeat flags - it should just deliver repeated events. I'm just trying to guess
what your problem might be.

Another possibility is that you're trying to repeat a command which brltty's
repeat mechanism filters out. It only repeats commands which "make sense". For
example, it'll repeat "line up/down" but it won't repeat "go to to/bottom". In
addition, because there's user disagreement on the topic, there's a flag
(Autorepeat Panning) which governs whether or not certain horizontal motion
commands are repeated. Perhaps you're trying to test for the repeat of a
command which doesn't get repeated.