[BRLTTY] brlapi and autorepeat

Peter Nilsson Lundblad plundblad at google.com
Wed Jun 12 13:22:55 EDT 2013

Dave Mielke writes:
> [quoted lines by Peter Nilsson Lundblad on 2013/05/31 at 15:31 -0700]
>
> >Forgot to mention that I have autorepeat enabled and a display that supports
> >it, so it works on the text console.  The problem is that I don't
> >get brltty commands when using brlapi_readKey.  It seems like the autorepeats
> >are filtered out by default, an dI am not able to figure out how to
> >enable them.  Is it possible with acceptKeyRanges, and what do the arguments
> >need to contain in that case?
>
> Another possibility is that you're trying to repeat a command which brltty's
> repeat mechanism filters out. It only repeats commands which "make sense". For
> example, it'll repeat "line up/down" but it won't repeat "go to to/bottom". In
> addition, because there's user disagreement on the topic, there's a flag
> (Autorepeat Panning) which governs whether or not certain horizontal motion
> commands are repeated. Perhaps you're trying to test for the repeat of a
> command which doesn't get repeated.

I'm issuing LNDN for example and that repeats in the text console,
but not through brlapi, either in orca or my own python script.
Are you saying this is working for others?  If not, maybe we have a bug
in the brlapi implementation.  FWIW, I am using version 4.5dev rev 6833M
right now.  If there are no extra calls that should be made to get
auto repeat, I might try to debug this later and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,
//Peter