[BRLTTY] Brltty install and Authentication error when calling brailapitest program

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 11:40:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am getting "Authentication failed Message" when running BrailApi.
 Installed Brttly and ran apitest. Details are as below.

*Details : *
I have installed brttly freshly in a linux ubuntu box. Uninstalled the
default brltty comes with this and installed from the downloaded
 brltty-4.5.tar.gz
by doing the following from the extracted directory.
sudo ./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

Then when running the "apitest" from

cd brltty-4.5/Programs
sudo make apitest
sudo  ./apitest
*Connecting to BrlAPI... failed to connect to :0 using auth
/etc/brlapi.key: Authentication failed*

Also I have changed the main in Apitest.c, still gives the same error.
*change : settings.host = NULL; settings.auth ="/etc/brlapi.key";*

I have also  referred the sample program here, still gets the same error.
http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manual-BrlAPI/English/BrlAPI-5.html#sec-library

So am I missing any steps required. Any help is highly appreciated. Please
note that  I am running all the program with  root/sudo  access.

Thanks,
Siju Samuel