[BRLTTY] some serial help

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Mon Jun 24 23:28:45 EDT 2013

Hi Rob.  What make is your serial card?  Some cards come with special
drivers that need to be loaded before you can use the card.  It's also
possible that there is a jumper that can be set on the card to map the
card as ttys0 and 1, or 2 and 3.  The reason I mention the
special drivers is that 	I have a Perle Systems serial card in my
desktop box.  With the card, there was a drivers disk containing drivers
for windows, Mac Os, and Linux.  The Linux drivers were open source, and
had to be compiled and installed, before the card would function.

It's possible that the card manufactorer has a web site where the
drivers can be downloaded, if they didn't ship a cd with the card.  I
hope these suggestions help.

Gene Collins