[BRLTTY] Version and protocol mismatch

Kuro Maii kurolist at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 28 10:26:44 EDT 2013

Hello Developers and or Community of brltty,

I have recently acquired a Tieman Voyager 44 braille display.
In trying to get it to poke my fingertips I have run into the following
problem:
there seems to be a version mismatch between the daemon and the driver.
Also the "USB configuration set" and "USB control transfer" are throwing
a error 71: Protocol error. ( in Dutch: "error 71: Protocolfout" )

Before encountering this problem I have downloaded the latest version (
4.5 ) as the source, configured it as by following the README file for
both the main package and the driver, make it and installed it.

Running the following command for my terminal:
brltty -n
will start it in the promised no daemon mode in which I get informed of
the version mismatch and protocol error:
  > brltty: vo braille driver version 4.5 at 5477 does not match expected
version 4.4 at 5477
  > brltty: USB configuration set error 71: Protocolfout.
  > brltty: USB control transfer error 71: Protocolfout.

terminating with ctrl+c will make the display beeb and that is it.

In the attachment I have the three commands for configuring making and
installing the binary as well as the output of the brltty -v and sudo
brltty -v commands. ( note: "Toegang geweigerd" translates to "Access
denied". )

I am running ubuntu-gnome 13.04 with nl_NL as the local.

If there is more information needed from my part please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all the help
Kuro Maii

--
as real as a world may seem,
there is always another that fits the word "real" better when you wake up.