[BRLTTY] Version and protocol mismatch

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jun 28 12:02:49 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Kuro Maii on 2013/06/28 at 16:26 +0200]

>Running the following command for my terminal:
>brltty -n
>will start it in the promised no daemon mode in which I get informed of
>the version mismatch and protocol error:
> > brltty: vo braille driver version 4.5 at 5477 does not match expected
>version 4.4 at 5477

This means that you're running the wrong brltty. You've probably installed it
correctly but are getting your distribution's older brltty which has probably
been installed in a non-standard location which is earlier in your command
search path than the default one. My guess is that your distribution puts
brltty in /sbin whereas brltty's default location is /bin.