[BRLTTY] Version and protocol mismatch

Kuro Maii kurolist at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 28 12:25:53 EDT 2013

Thank you Dave,

it is indeed the case.
/sbin/brltty is the default of my system

but now i seem to have the following problem when explicitly calling
/bin/brltty
here is the out put:
tenshi at devil-top:~$ sudo /bin/brltty -n
BRLTTY 4.5 rev 5477 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.6.0
brltty: another BrlAPI server is already listening on 0 (file
/var/lib/BrlAPI/.0 exists)
brltty: Error while initializing socket 0
brltty: USB configuration set error 71: Protocolfout.
brltty: USB control transfer error 71: Protocolfout.
brltty: USB configuration descriptor not readable: 0
brltty: USB configuration descriptor not found: 1
^Ctenshi at devil-top:~$

the display did seem to have pulled all braille pins low.
and when stopping brltty the display makes its stopping sound.
that is all that happens.

thanks for any help in advance,
Kuro Maii

--
as real as a world may seem,
there is always another that fits the word "real" better when you wake up.