[BRLTTY] brltty for android and the focus 14

yRylan Vroom dj.sonr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 22:44:25 EST 2013

Hi Dave, the biggest thing I'm noticing is that the new focus 14 blue
doesn't have any "wheels" as refered to in the focus 40 1 and 2 driver
documentation. To give you a more accurate description of what the 14
does have and where, the following is a direct copy paste from the
focus 14 user manual.
Top view of the Focus 14 Blue showing the refreshable braille cells,
cursor routers, NAV Rockers, mode buttons, Perkins-style keyboard, and
SPACEBAR.

The refreshable braille cells (3) are located toward the front of the unit.
There is a cursor router button (4) above each braille cell. At each end of
the display's surface are NAV Rockers (5) used for easy navigation.
Positioned above each NAV Rocker is a mode button (6) which cycles
through the different navigation modes.

Positioned directly above the cursor router buttons, there are eight keys
similar to those on a Perkins-style braille keyboard (7). The eight braille
keys from left to right are: 7, 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8. These keys are used
to enter text or perform commands. On the front edge, directly under and
in the center of the display is a SPACEBAR (8). This key is used together
with the braille keys when entering commands.

Front View

Front view of the Focus 14 Blue showing the SHIFT keys, selector
buttons, rocker bars, and panning buttons.

On the front edge of the display are the following controls, located from
left to right:

. Left selector button (9a)

. Left rocker bar (10a)

. Left panning button (11a)

. Left SHIFT key (used in conjunction with the SPACEBAR, braille
keys, and other controls to enter commands) (12a)

. Right SHIFT key (used in conjunction with the SPACEBAR, braille
keys, and other controls to enter commands) (12b)

. Right panning button (11b)

. Right rocker bar (10b)

. Right selector button (9b)

HTH,