[BRLTTY] brltty not identifying usb devices - Drivers

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 20:40:01 EDT 2013

Hi,

I tried to use brltty-4.5 compiled code  and   Focs 14 braille display  in
windows/migw  ( 64 bit machine) using USB. It has been a couple of days and
it is not successful. So any direction in this effort would be highly
appreciated. Note that I could use the same in Linux.

 I have followed  Readme.Windows.  Since it is NOT working,  any
clarification to the following  queries would be helpful

1. Config.log
 I have provided the symbolic links to  libusb-win32 as provided in the
document. But in the config.log it is giving some message as below .
Attaching the entire log in the mail.  Note that I used libusb-win32.  How
do we make  sure in configuration it is using  libusb-win32 ?

configure:12058: USB I/O package not available: libusb
configure:12058: USB I/O package not available: libusb-1.0
configure:12066: WARNING: USB I/O support not available on this platform

2.  All the driver files are compiled.  In Linux, I have seen creating the
libbrlttybfs.so  and possibly using that by brlty.exe.  Similarly in mingw
setup where  the driver object file are being used?  in the above
configuration there are no libraries/dll  for drivers are created. Is it
expected?

3. Brllty run log :  It is not identifying the Driver and usb. In my system
I ran brltty.inf and in the Device Manger it has the Focus14 Driver suppose
to be using libsb0.dll/sys  (corresponding to libusb-win32)
 ( after connecting the device I have verified ).

Here is the part of the log and entire log is attached.

.\bin\brltty *-d usb:* -b fs -xno -p none -A auth=none  -l debug  -n -e  >
debug.log 2>&1

brltty.exe: BrlAPI Server: release 0.6.0
brltty.exe: API Parameter: auth=none
brltty.exe: API Parameter: host=
brltty.exe: API Parameter: retaindots=
brltty.exe: API Parameter: stacksize=
brltty.exe: checking braille device: usb:
brltty.exe: checking for braille driver: fs
brltty.exe: initializing braille driver: fs -> usb:
brltty.exe: USB device not found
brltty.exe: braille driver initialization failed: fs -> usb:
brltty.exe: braille driver not found
brltty.exe: Braille Display Dimensions: 1 row, 1 column
brltty.exe: regions: text=0.1 status=0.0
Why it is not identifying the USB device?

Thanks in advance for any helpful direction.

Regards,
Siju Samuel