[BRLTTY] Here's a new log file.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Oct 2 16:52:01 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2013/10/02 at 20:31 +0200]

>I was doing a ps aux and when i was at the top of the screen i pressed the
>right tripple botton to chek that i was at the top and then brltty stopped
>working.

Did you press the front, the middle, or the rear of it? Which brltty function
were you wanting to use? The one which goes to the top line of the screen?

>I am not good in this so forgive me if i am doing a lots of mistakes.

Don't worry about it. We'll eventually figure it out.

There's no evidence in the log of a brltty failure. We still don't know if it
crashed or hung. When it gets in that state, are you able to do a ps, perhaps
while using another braille device, to see which brltty processes are still
running?

You'll need to figure out, of course, which brltty process is associated with
which of your braille devices. One easy way to do this is to use brltty's -P
(uppercase) option. You give this option the path to a file in which it'll
write its process identifier. So, for example, you can run your HandyTech
device with -Pht.pid, etc.

Do you still have the instructions I gave you for how to use gdb?