[BRLTTY] brltty not identifying usb devices - Drivers

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 4 12:07:37 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2013/10/04 at 09:11 -0500]

>It was still giving error .dll not found error while running.

I just reverified what I believe your situation is. Notee that I'm using "xx"
to mean the braille drivere of your choice.

1) Check out the latest code.
2) ./autogen
3) ./configure --with-braille-driver=xx,-all
4) make
5) Run brltty with: -bxx

The result was that it didn't create a shared object (a DLL on Windows) for the
xx braille driver, and it also didn't try to laod a shared object for it at run
time. The braille device worked.

This is making me wonder if you're running a different brltty executable than
you think you are. Could you please verify that you're running the brltty
executable that you're building.

>  Note that I copied brltty.inf file from the brltty-4.5.tar as HotPlug
>directory was not there in the SCY check out

The new location is Autostart/Windows/.