[BRLTTY] Explicit toggle change

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 14 17:34:32 EDT 2013

in r7287 you have "Indicate via a tune if an explicit toggle change is
redundant."

Can you explain the rationale?

With the Alva BC640, Baum, and many others I think, we use separate
bindings for explicit CSRTRK+on and CSRTRK+off. One reason we have this is
so we don't have to remember the state. And one convenience is we can
always use CSRTRK+on to both have the effect of HOME plus ensuring
tracking is back on. With the new change, if I do CSRTRK+on while tracking
is already on, I don't get my HOME effect. And I find the new beep really
strongly conveys that I did something wrong, I find it realyl arresting.
In short, I don't think I like the change at all :-). But perhaps you had
a situation where it's beneficial? I suppose the side-effect of going back
to the cursor on CSRTRK+on means it's not truly a toggle...