[BRLTTY] Fwd: brltty can't find HT Braillino20 on Win7

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Oct 22 10:53:50 EDT 2013

Christian Severin <christian.severin at gmail.com> writes:

> Salvete,
>
> I try to connect to a Handy Tech Braillino 20
> that is connected to my Windows 7 laptop
> by a USB-to-serial cable that ends up as COM4
> by going to brltty-win-4.5-1/bin and entering
>
> brltty -bht -dserial:COM4 -ldebug -Lbrltty.log
>
> which, after 60 rows of initializing, gives me
> "serial device opened: //./COM4: fh=00000164"
> and
> "Detected unknown HandyTech model with ID E3."
>
> I have experimented with using the -dUSB: switch
> and have installed the libusb1.0 version of brltty-win
> as well, but somewhere, I must have misconfigured
> something: the connection seems to get made, but
> there is no known HT model with ID e3.
>
> Any suggestions?

The Braillino 20 has no USB interface, so using -dusb: will not work.

I have contacted Handy Tech to double check about the ID 0XE3, but as
expected, they have never produced a device with such an ID.  The
Braillino 20 should have ID 0X72.

I am suspecting data corruption, or misconfiguration.  Do you perhaps
have several devices connect to serial ports on that machine, and
accidentally picking the wrong port?  The identification protocol of
Handy Tech devices is not very verbose, so there is a certain chance of
detecting random data from other devices as unknown IDs, which I think
is what you are seeing right now.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕