[BRLTTY] Fwd: brltty can't find HT Braillino20 on Win7

Christian Severin christian.severin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:15:31 EDT 2013

Hello, Mario,
hello, list,

thank you for your time.

> The Braillino 20 has no USB interface, so
> using -dusb: will not work.

Granted, but as I mentioned before, it doesn't work
when attempting to use the -serial switch, either.
Shouldn't it be possible to plug in a Braillino 20 via
serial-to-USB cable, and then to connect using

brltty -bht -dserial:COM4 ,

provided that COM4 is indeed the correct bus ID?

> I have contacted Handy Tech to double check about
> the ID 0XE3, but as expected, they have never produced
> a device with such an ID.  The Braillino 20 should have ID 0X72.

Yes, that is the ID in brldefs-ht.h that I hoped to see.

> Do you perhaps have several devices connect to serial ports
None at all: power, LAN, and that serial-to-USB adapter for the
Braillino.

> The identification protocol of Handy Tech devices is not very
> verbose, so there is a certain chance of detecting random data
> from other devices as unknown IDs, which I think is what you
> are seeing right now.
Hum. Perhaps I should build brltty on my machine, and
debug-step through the connection process.

But first I'll try re-installing brltty and playing with the settings
some more.

Thank you again for your troubles,
cheers,

Christian Severin