[BRLTTY] Need some settings for the preferences configuration file

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 31 01:46:03 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on 2013/10/30 at 22:18 -0500]

>when I press the buttons for the preferences menu I get gibberish. I don't
>really care about the preferences menu anyway. All i want is those two
>settings for the preferences configuration file.

But I hope you do care to be patiently helpful in order to help resolve a
problem you encounter so that other users, who may well care about it, won't
have to encounter it for themselves.

Which release of brltty are you using?

Which key combination are you using?

Could you please attempt to describe what's being presented on the display?