[BRLTTY] Metec BD Issue

Abdelrazek Tarek zezo_tam at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 26 06:13:52 EDT 2014

> Which platform are you using? Is it Linux?

yes I am using Linux

> Which Metec model are you using? How many cells does it have?

They sell the Metec BD 40  components separately to build your custom display, at the moment I am using only one cell, and i don’t have any navigation keys connected. (the vendor id and the product id of the device is the same as Metec BD 40 as well)

> Which version of brltty are you using?

I am using the latest version, 5.1

> Are you able to build brltty from its latest development code? If so, could you
> please do so and let me know what is and what isn't working?

yes I did built it successfully with all the drivers, it detects the screen driver correctly but for some reason I get this output:

BRLTTY 5.1 rev BRLTTY-5.1 [http://brltty.com]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.6.2
brltty: another BrlAPI server is already listening on 0 (file /var/lib/BrlAPI/.0 exists)
brltty: error while creating socket 0
brltty: USB control transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: USB bulk transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty: USB control transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: USB bulk transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
I am not sure what exactly is not working.