[BRLTTY] brltty for MSDOS

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 11 11:00:37 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by acollins at icsmail.net on 2014/05/10 at 23:19 -0500]

>I'm running a dual boot machine running Linux and MSDOS
>6.20.  I'm not running dosemu, but a stand alone version of DOS.  Before
>I go to the trouble of corss compiling the gcc compiler for DOS, I'd
>like to know if anyone has a pre-built binary of brltty for DOS.  I
>looked on the web site, but couldn't find one.  My Braille display is a
>Power Braille 80 from TSI.  My cpu is a I686.

Yes, there are precompiled binaries of brltty for DOS. If you go to brltty's
download page, you'll find names like brltty44.zip (i.e. brltty plus two
digits). Those are the DOS archvies. brltty44.zip, for example, is for
brltty-4.4. That's the latest one we have at the moment for DOS, but it should
be fine for your PowerBraille.

Thanks for the reminder that we need to build DOS binaries for the newer
releases. Maybe, also, we need to highlight better which platform each binary
is for.