[BRLTTY] problems with brltty under msdos

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Wed May 14 15:51:50 EDT 2014

Hello Dave.  The general protection fault error seems to occure before
any debug info can be written to the log.  I tried sttarting brltty from
brltty\bin with the following command line:

brltty -btt -ldebug,inpkts,outpkts

The system is freezing completely as in the only way I can
establishcontrol again is to power off and then back on.  My braille
display was turned off during this test.

I have also tried starting brltty with no config.sys, and no
autoexec.bat and gotten the same results.

If I start brltty with the above command line, and include the -v
option, the startup log gets written, up to the point where it says that
there is no speech to initilize, and then the general protection error
is displayed, then control returns to the command prompt with out
crashing.

Gene