[BRLTTY] Braillex el80c stopping to respond to input

Peter Lundblad plundblad at google.com
Fri Oct 17 11:03:11 EDT 2014

Dave Mielke writes:
> [quoted lines by Peter Lundblad on 2014/10/17 at 14:01 +0200]
>
> >I am fairly convinced it is the input, since the display continues to
> >update when I do something using the PC keyboard.
>
> Okay, so I think we need to check for a missing key release event at the time
> of the failure.

Yes, however, the fact that the unplugging of the display isn't
detected when we are in this state, while it is immediately
detected otherwise, makes me wonder if something else could be
in a bad state when this happens.  Of course, this hasn't
happened during this whole day... I'll leave it over the weekend.
The funny thing is that it can happen while I am away from
the workstation. It works when I walk away, and it doesn't
respond when I get back.

> >What I meant about unplugging is that brltty doesn't seem to detect that the
> >device is unplugged so it doesn't start to probe for a device, which means it
> >has to be killed and restarted for the display to start working at all after
> >replugging.
>
> Is this via USB or Bluetooth?

USB (this particular device doesn't have bluetooth).

> On which platform is this occurring?

Ubuntu Linux.

> >Anyways, I am collecting a log file now since this morning.
> >The issue is that sometimes this thing happens after a few minutes, and sometimes,
> >it takes half a day or more.  I'll send the log to you privately
> >when it is ready.
>
> Thanks. Please let me know, as close as you can, at what time the failure
> started?

I will.... if I'm there when it does;)

> >I should also add that this doesn't seem display specific.
> >I used to have a Braillex el2d-80s and I saw the same behaviour.
>
> Same driver, though.

Right.

Thanks,
//Peter