[BRLTTY] Braillex el80c stopping to respond to input

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 17 10:57:37 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Peter Lundblad on 2014/10/17 at 14:01 +0200]

>I am fairly convinced it is the input, since the display continues to
>update when I do something using the PC keyboard.

Okay, so I think we need to check for a missing key release event at the time
of the failure.

>What I meant about unplugging is that brltty doesn't seem to detect that the
>device is unplugged so it doesn't start to probe for a device, which means it
>has to be killed and restarted for the display to start working at all after
>replugging.

Is this via USB or Bluetooth?

On which platform is this occurring?

>Anyways, I am collecting a log file now since this morning.
>The issue is that sometimes this thing happens after a few minutes, and sometimes,
>it takes half a day or more.  I'll send the log to you privately
>when it is ready.

Thanks. Please let me know, as close as you can, at what time the failure
started?

>I should also add that this doesn't seem display specific.
>I used to have a Braillex el2d-80s and I saw the same behaviour.

Same driver, though.