[BRLTTY] [SOLVED] Re: Connection problem with Active Braille on BT

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Apr 5 13:10:04 EDT 2015

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> I wonder if "trust" might be better than "connect". I've yet to study
> bluetoothctl options at length, but it seems to me that one wouldn't want a
> permanent conection to the device, especially if that device is being shared
> between multiple hosts. What one would want, however, is for the user to not
> have to interact with every single connect request.

I am wondering if BRLTTY should actually behave like an authentication
agent, so that the user would not need to learn a tool like bluetoothctl
to get a proper bluetooth connection from BRLTTY.  Many devices have
well know default pincodes, and some allow guessing the code from the
bluetooth name.  Only a few actually allow for a custom pincode, and if
they do, the user seldomly changes it from the default.  We'd
need a pincode configuration entry as a fallback in brltty.conf,
which is a possible security risk.  However, I wonder if the benefits
actually outweight the risks.  Bluetooth has always been a pain to
setup, and the way how to set it up has changed a few times.  Making
this
process more streamlined would be very helpful, especially for new users
I guess.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕