[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Dec 2 22:15:52 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Øyvind Lode on 2015/12/02 at 12:21 +0100]

>* Why must one enter pin code every time one unlocks the device to be
>able to use the braille display?
>This is very annoying.

Yes, it would be. You'll need to go into Android's security settings and
disable the PIN. Alternatively, you could change the lock timeout to a longer
period.

>* BRLTTY is splitting words.
>I need to pan my device to read the rest of a word because it's split.
>Also annoying.

That's how brltty works when in eight-dot braille mode. This is so that as much
as possible can be displayed at a time. We could add a preference setting if
you're finding it really bothersome. It's just that noone has asked for it
before.