[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:20:33 EST 2015

Hi:

On 3 December 2015 at 04:15, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Øyvind Lode on 2015/12/02 at 12:21 +0100]
>
>>* Why must one enter pin code every time one unlocks the device to be
>>able to use the braille display?
>>This is very annoying.
>
> Yes, it would be. You'll need to go into Android's security settings and
> disable the PIN. Alternatively, you could change the lock timeout to a longer
> period.
I'm not talking about the PIN to unlock my device.
I'm talking about the bluetooth pairing code.
I have to enter the BT pairing code every single time I unlock my
screen and brltty tries to connect to my device.
I get a pairing notification where I need to enter the code and tap pair.
I tried to disable the BT pairing code from within settings on my
Brailliant but I couldn't find out how if at all possible.
When pairing my Brailliant BI 40 on my computer with NVDA I never need
to enter this BT pairing code.
When I put my computer to sleep or shutdown/restart it NVDA
automatically reconnects to my Brailliant when the computer resumes.

>>* BRLTTY is splitting words.
>>I need to pan my device to read the rest of a word because it's split.
>>Also annoying.
>
> That's how brltty works when in eight-dot braille mode. This is so that as much
> as possible can be displayed at a time. We could add a preference setting if
> you're finding it really bothersome. It's just that noone has asked for it
> before.
Ok, this is actually not a big deal.