[BRLTTY] windows & apple support

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Dec 13 02:40:21 EST 2015

Hi,

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint (2015/12/12 22:03 +0000):
> hi
>
> same customer with FreedomScientific Focus 80 i believe now.
>
> does nvda and brltty work together well and not to painful to get them
> talking to each other?

Yes, normally that works well. NVDA uses BrlAPI to communicate with
brltty.

> what options are there on apple mac laptops i am not sure which one
> she thinking of getting but wants to know about assitance technology
> on apple platform.

Normally MacOS comes with its own braille drivers.

> does brltty work on apple?

I don't use it myself but I think yes, it does work. Somebody else will
most likely confirm.

> is there an similar open source tool like nvda on apple?

Not that I know, because the access to the graphical interface is
provided by VoiceOver that already comes with the OS for no additional
cost.

Shérab.