[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:54:44 EST 2015

Hi:

On 3 December 2015 at 22:55, Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 December 2015 at 19:14, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
>> Got it. Yes, you shouldn't need to do that.
>>
>> Have you gone to the Bluetooth screen and formally paired your braille device?
> Yes. My Brailliant shows up as a connected/paired device under BT settings.
>

>> If you have, then what you're describing might be new behaviour. I don't have
>> access to an Android 6 device in order to check it out.
>>
>> If it's new behaviour then I'd find it hard to believe that they didn't also
>> introduce a setting to restore the old behaviour. Have you looked through your
>> global Bluetooth settings as well as through the Bluetooth settings specific to
>> the braille device?
> I thought I did but I will take a more thoroughly look at BT settings.
> If I understand you correctly you're saying that what I'm experiencing
> is not normal behaviour which is good.
> I will start from scratch with a fresh install of latest brltty and
> also unpair/tap forget on my Braille device and pair it again.

I've done the above.
I tapped forget and paired my HumanWare BI 40 again.
Reinstalled brltty and selected HumanWare Brailliant BI 40 and restarted brltty.
The exact same result.
I get a pairing request every single time I unlock my device (when
brltty is running and my Braille display is powered on).
I then need to enter the BT pin code to reconnect my Braille device.

I installed latest Google BrailleBack from the Play store and I
observe no such behaviour.
I configured BrailleBack to my liking and my Braille display is
reconnected without the annoying BT pairing request that require a
pin.

Thanks,

-Øyvind