[BRLTTY] BrailleSense QWERTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 13 22:55:56 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2015/12/13 at 19:38 -0800]

>These navigation keys are just keys.  I gave the mapping of the BrailleSense
>itself, when it's running its own system independently from any computer.  On
>BRLTTY, these keys do nothing (as the log seems to indicate).

Okay, I understand.

I'll probably define those keys to be the same as we use for the Braille Edge.

Which type of Braille Sense do you have?

Could you please send a copy of your Linux USB devices file
(/sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices) while your Braille Sense is connected? In case
your system has an empty /sys/kernel/debug directory, do:

   mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug

>Here's a log with the usb and outpkts options on.

Thanks.

>I can also send
>you a more complete log file with the keys you requested.  I guess
>most are interpreted correctly.  But since this log was already big I
>meant to do it separately (perhaps with less option, if it's more
>readable).

Yes, less verbose would be way better. Go back to the original two log
categories (inpkts,brlkeys).

>That's definitely an issue, and I don't know how to ensure things
>still work on other versions of the BrailleSense if the driver is
>modified.  I don't mean to break it for other users either.

I don't want to break it either. :-) I'll probably add a driver parameter to
specify the keyboard type, and have it default to a braille keyboard.

What time zone are you in?