[BRLTTY] Problem with kernel module

payman shaykhmehdi payman.shaykhmehdi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 01:51:13 EST 2015

Hi,

I have written a braille driver for brltty and after building it with
default configuration options, when I run brltty the following error
appears :

*     brltty: kernel module not installed: pcspkr*

My os is  Raspbian (Raspberry Pi modification of debian) and 'modprobe
pcspkr' command says :  "modprobe: FATAL: Module pcspkr not found".

Is this kernel module required for brltty? If it is required, why this
error doesn't occur for official package of brltty?

Is the problem really the absence of pcspkr module or something else?

Thanks.