[BRLTTY] BrailleSense QWERTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 14 18:15:00 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2015/12/14 at 14:42 -0800]

>You will also find a log of a BRLTTY session (I selected only part of it and
>wrote down the key press just before pressing it).  Each key is pressed 4-5
>seconds of each other to clearly separate it. and I made longer pauses between
>different sections.  It seems to point out that the arrow keys, home and end
>are interpreted correctly.  The F1 key does trigger the help.  From F2 to f!@,
>though, nothing seems to be happening.  I hope this helps.

You did an excellent job. Now, if I may, I'd like some more. :-)

First, I'd like to see what escape, tab, and page up/down generate.

Second: I'd like you to pick a letter, e.g. a, and type it with all possible
combinations of shift, control, and alt. Even the Windows key, too, but that'd
further double the number of possible combinations.

Third, I'd like to see what the following characters generate:

   []  left and right (square) brackets
   {}  left and right (curly) braces
   \|  backslash and vertical bar
   `~  grave (backquote) and tilde
   @^  at sign and circumflex (caret)

>If I can do anything (like testing!), I'd be happy to.

Are you able to build brltty from our deelopment code stream?