[BRLTTY] Braille Sense qwerty keyboard support.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 20 23:51:28 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2015/12/20 at 20:37 -0800]

>I noted something tonight, but I'm not sure it's an error.  In the
>help message for the BrailleSense QWERTY, there are supposedly the
>same key binding to do two different things.  The way to go to the
>top of the screen is by pressing
>LeftScrollUp+LeftScrollDown+RightScrollUp.  That works fine.
>Substitute RightScrollUp to Down in order to go to the end of the
>line.  But both bindings are used for other commands, too (I can't
>remember what the first one should do, but
>LeftScrollUp+LeftScrollDown+RightScrollDown should save the
>preferences to disk).  Is that a slight mistake in the help message
>or in the driver itself?

It's not actually a problem. It's not even a duplicate action. You'll notice
that the second one is under the header Menu Bindings. The scroll keys work
differently when in the menu.

>I wish I had seen that before,

Not a problem. It's always better to check something out, even if it seems
late. I don't mind a delay if it's required to fix a problem. That's why, as
you may have noticed, I said that 5.3.1 will PROBABLY be released on the 22nd.

>but I'm only beginning to use BRLTTY extensively today.  Great victory!

Cool!