[BRLTTY] Getting to know BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 11 10:10:29 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Cearbhal O'Meadhra on 2015/02/11 at 14:44 -0000]

>My next question is, how can I get the PC to accept input from the braille
>Lite using BRLTTY?

The BrailleLite driver has a kbemu parameter that specifies whether or not
keyboard input is to be enabled. It looks like it defaults to on, but, in case
you'd like to force it just to be sure, add a line like this to your
brltty.conf file:

   braille-parameters bl:KbEmu=yes

I don't know if NVDA supports keyboard input via the BrlAPI interface. It
certainly could, but it's possible that it doesn't. Maybe someone else here
knows. You could also ask the NVDA people. Perhaps NVDA has some kind of
logging that you could enable.