[BRLTTY] Getting to know BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 11 11:57:41 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Cearbhal O'Meadhra on 2015/02/11 at 16:15 -0000]

>The BRLTTY.conf file does already have the
>braille-parameters bl:KbEmu set to "yes".

Yes, but it'd be commented out,there, just to show the existence of the
parameter and what it's default is. Remove the leading # to uncomment it.

>The question is whether the braille Lite can send codes when it is in Speech
>box mode. It certainly can send text, etc. when in serial mode and connected
>to Terraterminal.

I don't know. I do know someone who used to have a Braille Lite. I'll ask her
if she still has it, and if she knows the answer to your question.

>On that point: Is there a terminal mode in windows for BRLTTY? If so, how do
>I get the Braille Lite to input text or strings into the BRLTTY terminal?

Brltty should work directly when you're in a text window. Maybe someone else
can help out, here, as I have no personal experience in this area to draw on.