[BRLTTY] Android BRLTTY problem

Andrew Jelly andrei.stoudnev at kapsys.com
Mon Feb 16 07:54:39 EST 2015

Hello,

I tried to use BRLTTY (version 5.2) for Android (4.0.3) but for
different displays, it has different behaviors.
One display - Focus 14 from Freedom Scientific is connected properly and
running.
Another - BraillePen12T from Harpo cannot connect.

adb logcat print an error
either:
E/org.a11y.brltty.android.BluetoothConnection (1068): Bluetooth connect
failed:
00:A0:96:16:81:A3: [JSR82] connect: Connection is not created (failed or
aborted).

or:
D/org.a11y.brltty.android.BluetoothConnection (1068): Bluetooth input
exception: 00:A0:96:16:81:A3: [JSR82] read: read () failed.

Complete logs I posted on pastebin:

Successful connection - http://pastebin.com/TJ7g5SSz
Failed Connection - http://pastebin.com/BdWhi3JH
Full code open() method of BluetootConnection.java
with debug printing here: http://pastebin.com/fYcQ91VX

When I use BrailleBack, both displays have successfully connected and
working.

My version of Android - 4.0.3,  chipset - Mediatek.
What could be wrong? What additional debugging information should I send?

Can it be that these displays have different Bluetooth-profiles?
Focus 14 is shown as a headset, and BraillePen12T - like a computer.

Does it make sense to fix something in the source code BRLTTY?

Regards, Andrew

--
Kapsys Logo Andrei Stoudnev Software Engineer 790 Av du Docteur Maurice
Donat Le Marco Polo A1 06250 Mougins Sophia Antipolis, France