[BRLTTY] Crashes when switching language profiles

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jan 13 15:22:19 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2015/01/13 at 19:52 +0000]

>>How often does this problem occur? Is it often enough that you could do some
>>experimentation? If so, what I'd like to try to find out is which part of the
>>speech profile is causing the problem. For example, is it restarting the speech
>>driver, switching one of the tables, etc.
>No, the complete brltty seems to be gone, I don't get any braille / speech
>feedback anymore.

That's ot what I meant. I meant is it the restarting of the speech driver which
crashes it, or is it the switching of the text table which crashes it, etc. The
only way to test such a thing would be to reduce the profiles (commenting out
lines works) to see which entry in the profiles is causing the problem.

>By the way, should I enable logging as well?

That might be helpful, unless, of course, it introduces a timing characterstic
which alters the problem. I can't think of which specific log categories would
be helpful, though, and enabling all of them (with -ldebug,all) would be quite
a bit of logging.