[BRLTTY] Improving the key table help.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 14 02:19:59 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2015/01/13 at 18:52 +0100]

>Are you also planning to group the key bindings into expandable groups
>in the help system? That way, if the group names are intuitive, it
>would be more convenient to find key bindings, e.g. you don't need to
>scroll through a long list to find an element.

That's a good idea. Do you have any thoughts on how to present it? Since the
help screen works just like any other screen, which keys might be use for the
expand and unexpand functions? We do have the option of overriding functions
for special purposes, so if we can come up with functions that the ehlp screen
doesn't use then we could override them. If we do that, we should try to find
functions that all braille devices would offer else the feature wouldn't be
usable by everyone.

By the way: There's been an improvement to the format. If a function has more
than one binding then it looks like this:

   * go down one line:
     + Thumb3
     + RockerDown

Building the latest development code will give anyone who'd like to give things
a try this new format.