[BRLTTY] Stopping brltty in Debian; also starting a different brltty and running brltty sooner

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Sun Nov 1 20:38:50 EST 2015

How does one now stop brltty in debian. I have the debian package installed but I also have the latest github version installed. I can't figure out how to stop debian's brltty from running. Killall -9  stops it but it is started up again and the same thing seems to happen with tryint to use /etc/init.d/brltty stop.

Secondly, now that there is no inittab I cannot figure out how to start brltty as early as possible. I tried using initramfs and I can't recall now what happened so maybe I need to try it again but it either didn't start it earlier or caused other complications; I will check into that again. But also I can't figure out how to have my github version of brltty start up instead if I want that and start as early as possible. I realize we have moved on and maybe eventually I will be happy with it but I knew how to use /etc/inittab and I really don't know how to use this new setup. The debian version I am using isn't that far behind anyway (I am running testing) but I still want to use both versions at various times.

Thanks for any help.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth