[BRLTTY] Problem connecting the braille display Brailliant BI 40

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 12 14:51:45 EST 2015

Dear all,

Mario Lang (2015/11/12 14:36 +0100):
> Actually, they *shouldn't* be required.
> The default configuration is too try all drivers that know
> about USB.  That *should* include the hw driver.

I am asking here the question I already asked on the
debian-accessibility mailing list.

Wouldn't it be more effficient to have udev rules that would detect the
device when it is plugged and then start brltty with the right driver?

Are there reasons that make this approach not possible in principle
or not suitable, or is it just because nobody took the time to
implement it so far that it didn't happen?

Shérab.