[BRLTTY] Problem connecting the braille display Brailliant BI 40

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 12 15:43:34 EST 2015

Hello Didier,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Didier Spaier (2015/11/12 21:13 +0100):
> I am not sure that I understand your question.
>
> In brltty-5.2 this is done installing the file
> 40-usb-brltty.rules in /lib/udev, or do I miss something?

I am on Deban andhave brltty 5.2~20141018-5+b2 installed,it seems this
is themost recent version of thepackage.

I used this command:

dpkg -L brltty | grep udev

And the only result I got was:

/usr/share/doc/brltty/examples/udev.rules.gz

And I confirm that under/lib/udev/ nothing matches *brltty*

So I think that indeed if the file you mention would be there everything
would work fine but it's not! :)

And by the way I tried

apt-file update && apt-file search 40-usb-brltty.rules

which didn't find anything.

Is that supposed to be a bug?

Thanks!

Shérab.