[BRLTTY] Braille display with PC keyboard?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Nov 13 05:07:48 EST 2015

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> I realise that what I am really looking for in terms of braille device
> would be one that has both a braille display and a PC-style keyboard. In
> other words, a device that can be used for both input and output, but
> where the input can be done through a PC-style keyboard rather than a
> braille keyboard as is the case on HumanWare's brailliant.
>
> Does such a device already exist?

I know several.
Handy Tech Braille Star 40 has an optional mini-keyboard
you can place on-top of the device.  I have used that quite a lot.
The newer series, Handy Tech Active Star 40, has the
same concept, but with a nicer keyboard, and magnetic strips
to keep it from falling off.

I also know of several 80-cell models with a built-in keyboard.
But I am guessing you are looking for  a protable solution.

I would recommend giving the Handy Tech Active Star a touch.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕