[BRLTTY] Broken colour names

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 17 04:29:14 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2015/11/17 at 10:23 +0200]

>I could not get the blink attribute working on Linux console. Traditionally it
>changed the background colour to be bright, as the bold attribute does for the
>foreground colour.

I know what you mean, but your wording may be a bit confusing. The blink bit is
the same bit in the background nibble as the bright foreground bit in the
foreground nibble.

Blinking should work if your font has 256 or less characters in it. If you have
from 257 through 512 characters in your font then the blink capability is lost
as one of the bits in the background nibble needs to be used in order to have a
9-bit font offset.